Call for Plays
DC Black Theatre & Arts Festival is looking for works in 4 categories, in any genre, including plays which incorporate movement, dance and music. Playwrights of all skill levels are encouraged to submit. All chosen Full-Length Plays, New Works Reading Series and Workshop are supported by the festival with 100% of the ticket sales going directly to the performing group, facilitator and/or playwright.
New Works Reading Series
Full-length Plays: Running time MUST NOT exceed 2-hours in length.
One Act Plays: Running time MUST NOT exceed 20 minutes in length.
New Works Reading Series: Running time MUST NOT exceed 2-hours in length.
Workshops: Running time MUST NOT exceed 80 minutes in length.
Please submit the following:
1. The playwright's bio and contact information.
2. A short synopsis of the play and/or workshop.
3. A complete script with numbered pages and a title page.
4. The submission fee is only $20.00.
5. There is no cost to submit a Workshop.
Please submit your application here. Any questions, please contact the festival staff at Glennalan@DCBTF.org
Deadline for Submissions is March 31, 2020